Currently, Bills Protection is only available if you live in the UK, and only covers certain types of recurring/regular expenses that you’ve been paying from your Monese account.
There is no cover for bills for any kind of loan or finance agreement, for example, a mortgage, car loan, personal contract purchase (PCP), credit card, storecard or retail credit account.
It doesn’t cover:
- A claim during the first 30 days of being unable to work following an accident, sickness or involuntary job loss
- Pre-existing health conditions (these are conditions which you have suffered from in the last 24 months, that have been treated by a doctor)
- Business expenses
- Back-related conditions or chronic conditions
- Any bills if you’re self-employed
- Resignation or voluntary unemployment
- Full-time members of the armed forces
There is no cover for any illness resulting from an outbreak of infectious or contagious disease, which has been declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation, prior to you becoming ill.
To find out more, open your Monese app > go to Explore > tap on Bills protection > scroll to the bottom of the page. You can also check the policy documentation here