If you enter the wrong app password more than 3 times, we’ll temporarily lock your access to the app.
To unlock it, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Choose 'Verify identity' or 'Forgot?' in your Monese app and tap on ‘Continue’
2. We'll send a one time passcode (OTP) to make sure it's you, which you can choose to receive either to your email or mobile number. If we don't have your mobile number, we'll send this to your email only
3. Enter this OTP code into your Monese app
4. We may ask you to record a video selfie before you can set your new passcode
It’ll only take a few seconds for us to verify your video selfie. If all goes well, we’ll give you the option to set a new password after that.
While recording your video selfie, make sure that:
- Your video is bright and clear so that we can easily verify your identity
- You’re not wearing any hats, face masks, sunglasses or accessories that may cover your face
In the unlikely event that we can’t verify you, we’ll direct you to our Support team who'll be in touch to help you set up a new password
Following these steps should give you access back into the app, but if you're still locked out, get in touch with our Customer Support team.