If you’re the sole Director of a company registered with Companies House in the UK, you can apply for a UK business account with us.
Before you apply, you’ll need to have a personal account with us, and you’ll need to be at least 18 years old.
You can also apply if you live in the European Economic Area, as long as your company is registered with Companies House in the UK.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to apply for a business account if your company falls under one of these categories:
- Cryptocurrency trading
- Trading of precious metals and stones, including the unlicensed trading of scrap metal
- Any trading of unlicensed pharmaceuticals
- Manufacturers and traders of weapons, explosives or armaments
- Manufacturers of aerospace technology
- Adult industry activities
- Bidding fee auctions (such as eBay and Amazon traders)
- Financial services including foreign exchange, stock exchange trading, insurance brokers, loan providers, money remittance companies
- Casinos and other betting or gambling organisations
- Vehicle sales such as import and export or heavy machinery
You can read more about this in our business terms and conditions.