We are able to provide UK Business accounts to any authorised individual (e.g. Director) of a company registered with UK Companies House with a registration number.
You can apply even if you live outside of the UK as long as you are registered at Companies House. Please also note that before you can apply, you will need to have a verified Monese personal account.
If you already have a fully verified personal account with Monese:
- Log into your Monese app.
- Tap on the icon on the top left hand side of the homescreen.
- Tap “Add account”.
- Select “Business account” and follow the steps to complete your business account application
Once you have completed your application, you will receive a response within 2 working days.
You may not apply for a Business account if your company falls under one of the following categories:
- Cryptocurrency trading
- Trading of precious metals and stones, including the unlicensed trading of scrap metal
- Any trading of unlicensed pharmaceuticals
- Manufacturers and traders of weapons, explosives or armaments
- Manufacturers of aerospace technology
- Adult industry activities
- Bidding fee auctions (such as eBay and Amazon traders)
- Financial services including FX, stock exchange trading, insurance brokers, loan providers, money remittance companies
- Casinos and other betting or gambling organisations
- Vehicle sales such as import and export of heavy machinery
You can read more about this in our business Terms and Conditions.